Dain kickin it in his swim attire. :)
Lissa running the last stretch to transition.
We finished!!! :)
Saturday, we went to Bear Lake and competed, well i don't know if competed is the right word but we participated in the Bear lake Brawl relay triathlon. Dain started us out with a 3/4 mile swim, Melissa bike 12.1 miles and i ran a 5k. It was fun to compete together for once and to get in shape for something. I don't even know where we ended up at the finish, we just finished. :) A highlight of my trip, as i waited for Melissa to finish biking to start my run, i watched a man who had swam with a small boat attached carrying his handicap son, he had also biked with a trailer carry this precious boy, and then finished pushing him in a stroller. As they crossed the finish line he announced their names... i cannot remember the names but he said his name and his best friend and said the sons name. I was a little embarrassed when i started to cry but this man was such an example to me. What a wonderful dad to carry his son the entire way because this son wanted to participate. It just reminds me that there are truly amazing people wherever I go.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Bear Lake Brawl ' 08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yay! good job :)I've heard a similar story like that before, actually a man in our ward spoke in church and talked about a story exactly like that...and I bawled too! It's touching and makes you happy to know that there are good thoughtful people out there!!!
Wow! Nice job! That is really cool! And the story about the dad and his son is amazing! There are great people everywhere we go! Such examples! Sounds like so much fun!
i love you marie! good job!
how awesome. Seriously cool of that dad: ) I'm so proud of you guys. I'm especially proud that Dain didn't drown: ) Sorry, we missed you and Dayton the other day. Hopefully we'll meet up soon: ) Give Dayton kisses from us.
Thanks for sharing that neat story about the Dad and his son. That really is touching and I would have been bawling too. If I was there.
That's awesome that you all participated together! What a neat experience!
Ok, wait how do you know Alex Perry!! That's nuts...long story! You're an inspiration! I need to get off my lazy arse!
How fun! What an accomplishment! That totally sounds like fun! And what an awesome story. There really are amazing people in this world!
You guys make a pretty dang good team
and can i also just add that the picture of dain in his swim outfit makes me laugh every time i look at it! (in a good way of course) -chels
Post a Comment