Monday, April 28, 2008

Fun in the sun and mountain bike mania.




This the day we decided to go to St. George.
This is the day we got to St. George (notice the weather change.)
Dain and Dayton on Dains new bike.
This was from the back door of the condo.

This is when Dain finally let me take a break from our bike ride.

At the beginning of spring break my parents called from St. George letting us know that it was 70 degrees, and this was at 5 p.m. I looked out the window and saw our car covered in snow. I told Dain he could either take me or I was going without him but either way i was outta here. Needless to say he decided it didn't sound that bad either so we quickly packed, loaded our bikes and were gone. The weather was so nice so Dain thought we better try out our new mountain bikes. To me when he says try out the bike i picture a leisurely ride the cool breeze blowing, maybe a few paved hills here and there. Laughing and talking as we go. Obviously our pictures were not the same. We get to the trail that is a little bigger than the width of our bikes, the one side is rocks, the other side 40ft cliffs. Dain flies down the trail, and I'm shaking, praying please don't die please don't die. I finally reach dain on the "easy" trail or so they say, we went about a mile before i see dain have to jump off these rocks, fly like 10 ft in the air and land on the ground below. And then he says come on its not to bad. Well long story short, i did live to tell this story because i did not go past that point. i am a little embarrassed to admit that, being the competitive person i am, but i contemplated for minutes before i decided i did have a child to raise and i did want to go shopping that day. thus the reason i turned around and went back. Sorry Dain maybe one day i will get a little braver. :)





5 comments:

The Batemans said...

Funny story, your starting to sound a little like me. Dain you get a helmet and buy marie one too. That is mothering for the day!

Alex Perry said...

ohhh, hey Marie! Well I'm glad you found us haha!!!! I haven't seen you guys in such a long time. I really don't even remember when the last time I did see you :( How are you guys all doing? Thanks for the compliments, we love the little stinkers! Looking through yours pics is the first time I've seen your little boy and he looks just like a Schwab, and he's very very cute!!!

Lindsay said...

Hi Marie! Thanks! I just barley started the whole blogging thing, so I don't have much on there yet! But yours is way fun too! Your little boy is getting so big! He's adorable! I can't wait to have kids! You look like you are loving life and happy! That's great! Being married and having a husband is such a great thing!

vandi said...

hilarious! Those were two very good reasons for not willingly putting your life at risk: ) I bet it was so much fun being in St. George.....especially when it was so stinkin cold in SV. Lucky kids: )

Lindsay said...

Thanks Marie, ya it is a really sad story, but a learning experience for sure. And you are too nice, but I appreciate your comment. How's that cute little boy of yours? How's life treating you?